Thursday, November 3, 2011

On the street where you live

This past weekend, Budapest glowed with autumn sunlight. Walking down my street, I noticed how--in the right light--common scenes were especially beautiful. These moments prompt me to talk to God about how thankful I am for this life and how concerned I am for the dear people of this city. Join with me as I pray not only for my school out in the village but also for the city where I live.
Trams crammed with people
The elderly visit this pharmacy a lot

This square, Kosztolányi Dezső ter, is serene. Many homeless persons rest on the benches.

Sirens wail as emergency vehicles rush down Bocskai street to (often) limited medical facilities.
A tension exists between accepting traditions, styles, (Starbucks) and values from beyond our borders
and maintaining a rich heritage.
Budapest's municipal government has high hopes for public transportation expansion
and a growing economy, but the reality is not quite so rosy.



Thanks for walking and praying down my street. You are welcome to join me in person anytime!
 Just buzz #31.


No comments: