Monday, October 31, 2011

A kick in the head

Migraines have attacked my poor head each Sunday for several weeks now. Some of them have been so severe that the usual medicine and sleep course of action isn't enough and they remain in the morning.

Like today's.

Besides the pretty uncomfortable symptoms themselves, these migraines are terribly inconvenient as life grinds to a halt in my little flat. Other people don't understand--and rightfully so--why I can't fulfill certain obligations during the weekend or even attend church. How frustrating for them and for me.

While I take more note of triggers, food or activities that prompt these headaches, I would really appreciate prayer. Because I become isolated from fellowship and teaching on Sundays, I'm sure there are spiritual repercussions as well as physical.

Thanks







P.S. Sorry to those of you who, excitedly, thought I was going to blog about love. I was referring to the pain in my head quite literally. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Praying for you, Audrey!

anniemaringo said...

I HATE migraines!! There's nothing quite like them for ruining an entire 24 hour period, leaving a wake of less done and more to do. I also dislike how anti-social they are. I'm so sorry, Audrey. Maybe I can slip you some of my prescription migraine meds to take back to Hungary next weekend. It'll be our secret.
p.s. Sometimes I think I get them when my temperature is too low. Just a theory, but last time I had one, my temp was 96 degrees F.

Kim said...

I am praying for you, dear Audrey. Migraines are not fun.