Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stateside

English conversations whirl around me. Air conditioning and clothes dryers hum. Stores with endless shelves of goods stretch out before me. Billboards shout messages that I can fully understand. Friends and family are close at hand. It's summertime in the USA!

I am glad to be back for a visit after a couple of years of huge distance. Our family just got together in Alaska for a wonderful reunion. I'll be in Colorado at a conference until July 18, in Chicago the weekend of July 21st, tripping on down to Dallas, Texas shortly after that, and returning to Budapest on August 9th. Let's get together in the meantime! :)

(Today, I noticed several blog posts that I had written but never published. Sorry!! They are from throughout the spring semester. Time for a little catching up.)

It's nice to be back.

No comments: