Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's 10 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?

We are in the throes of Spirit Week (not to be confused with the recent Spiritual Emphasis Week) leading up to our big, multi-national basketball tournament this weekend. Go Bulldogs! This means that our days of classes have the added benefit of functioning around hilarious and conspicuous costumes for dress-up days, meetings to plan class cheers, decorations, competitions, explanations for my confused ELL students, and general revelry.

In addition to these fun times at school, the book club for many ladies in the area met tonight in Diosd. I led the discussion on Elizabeth Gaskell's Victorian novel, North and South. I was fascinated by this book, and we all had some great comments. The sum total of my day, though, included 14 hours at work, because it was 10 o'clock before I walked in the door of my flat. Jaj.

Such is life these days. I'm pleased to be a part of the many exciting and significant things happening in students' hearts here at school. All the opportunities are good. But I'm pretty tired, and I'll keep praying for another English teacher to join our team here at ICSB.
Now, it's a little after 11. I've got to head out at 6:15 in the morning, so it's time to go to bed.

1 comment:

Kacie said...

Sounds like a crazy week for us all! Glad to hear that you are doing well, despite the craziness of life now. I hope y'all find another teacher too! Any word on that for next year?