Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 1: Enthusiastic Students and Faithful Friends

I've really enjoyed myself today! My freshmen finished presenting their original short stories--always a crowd pleaser as I sneakily take a test grade--and moved on to the beloved novel, To Kill a Mockingbird. Few things make me smile more during school hours than hilarious and insightful comments from students as they engage with the material.

I'm thankful for my enthusiastic students: 8th graders, freshmen, and seniors.

Three friends from the States sent e-mail this week. They are faithfully checking in with me, sharing life, and letting me know that I'm loved. God has made us to need each other and work better together; these friends contribute to the work that happens here in Hungary.

I'm thankful for faithful friends and ministry partners.

God provides for my every need at just the right time. Just this week, I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount and significance of work for which I was responsible and feeling a bit disconnected from friends. At this time, as I surrendered control and asked for supernatural assistance, God delivered big time! He always accomplishes the work He starts--in me, in relationships, and in my students.

I'm so thankful for these gifts from a loving Heavenly Father.

And you? What are you thankful for today?

No comments: